Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Visit #2

During our second visit, we decided to do a sort of theme on what we were going to focus on: around the house. I compiled a small booklet full of words and pictures of things and rooms commonly found in just about any home, such as kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom, closet, spoon, fork, pillow, remote, and so on. The objects were the easiest to learn, but I found that the rooms were the most challenging to teach. I decided that the best thing to do would be to physically go to the kitchen, living room, and bathroom to help our family understand us better.
By bringing those pictures to life and make them more of a first order reality - something to be seen, touched, and for our family, named. By doing that, I felt that attaching meaning to these words we were trying to teach became much easier for our family.
I plan to compile similar booklets for future visits, so I will remember what I did this time to help our family have an easier time understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment